Thursday, December 27, 2007

Glory of God is Intelligence which is Light and Truth

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/93/43-44#43
THEDOCTRINE AND COVENANTSOF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
SECTION 93
36 The aglory of God is bintelligence, or, in other words, clight and truth.

37 Light and truth forsake that aevil one.

38 Every aspirit of man was binnocent in the beginning; and God having credeemed man from the dfall, men became again, in their infant state, einnocent before God.

39 And that awicked one cometh and btaketh away light and truth, through cdisobedience, from the children of men, and because of the dtradition of their fathers.

40 But I have commanded you to bring up your achildren in blight and truth.

41 But verily I say unto you, my servant Frederick G. Williams, you have continued under this condemnation;

42 You have not ataught your children light and truth, according to the commandments; and that wicked one hath power, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of your baffliction.

43 And now a commandment I give unto you—if you will be delivered you shall set in aorder your own house, for there are many things that are not right in your house.

44 Verily, I say unto my servant Sidney Rigdon, that in some things he hath not kept the commandments concerning his children; therefore, first set in order thy house.

----
Having an eye single to the glory of God means that if the glory of God is intelligence and light and truth, then I must be committed to intelligence, to light and truth, and to teaching that to my children. It is obvious that the Lord holds the father responsible for the teaching of light and truth to the children. How I will do this is by studying the scriptures every evening with them and praying and fasting with them. They only have me, and God only has me.

No comments: